Power purchase agreements
Power purchase agreements (PPAs) are also known as power supply and power offtake agreements. Statkraft is a leading provider of PPAs throughout Europe and offers various contract models.
PPAs for plant operators, project developers and investors
We offer PPAs suitable for all intermittent energy sources and flexible assets as well as projects that are bank or equity-financed to enable their development:
- different pricing models and durations of contract,
- turnkey optimisation for flexible generation,
- physical or financial.
PPAs for commercial and industrial companies
PPAs are power supply contracts. In addition to matching individual procuremenent strategies, power purchase agreements are excellent hedging instruments and provide risk mitigation for your portfolio:
- different delivery models and contract durations,
- tailored pricing schemes to accommodate the customer's supply and hedging strategies,
- with or without guarantees of origin,
- Statkraft can cover up to 100 per cent of the electricity consumption with renewable energy.
"Statkraft provides competitive and innovative services related to power sales and procurement to all participants in the Finnish market. We provide energy solutions and risk management strategies to power plant owners and developers – and we offer renewable power procurement and attractive hedging solutions for industrial companies. Statkraft reduces risks and complexity in the market."
Statkraft matches the needs of all parties
One of the challenges in the energy market is that owners of renewable plants and power consumers do not have the same needs. One wants uninterrupted supply, the other can only sell power when it is produced according to weather conditions.
To resolve this conflict, Statkraft meets the needs of both parties:
- Offering predictability and security of supply to consumers thanks to a large portfolio of power plants combining water, solar and wind to ensure a steady supply.
- Providing financial predictability and security for plant owners through the ability to generate stable, predictable revenues.
Leader in PPAs
In Europe, we are the no. 1 producer of renewable power and a leading provider of power purchase agreements. We are Norwegian state-owned and have an A- credit rating.
Statkraft offers sustainable green energy solutions globally based on our 125 years of expertise in developing, building and operating hydropower, solar and wind installations.